The Ultimate Chicken Liver Pate Bánh Mì
Makes 1 Bánh Mì
A Vietnamese sandwich that’s become a street food sensation. Packed with pork belly, Granny Mary’s Chicken Liver Pate, and vegetables, topped with chilli sauce it’s an absolute treat. There is a little bit of preparation for it but it’s worth the wait.
To take your lunch to the next level all you need is:
1 x Granny Mary’s Chicken Liver Pate
1 x Sub roll
200g Pork Belly
White Wine Vinegar
Siracha sauce (other chilli sauces will work as well)
- Slice your onions add to a bowl and fill with neat Vimto. Add a splash of white wine vinegar and leave to marinate for an hour.
- Preheat your grill and cook your pork belly for 15 minutes until the pork is cooked through, and is crisp and caramelised around the edges.
- Using a speed peeler slice your carrots into thin strips and cut your cucumber into batons.
- Take your Granny Mary’s Chicken Liver Pate and combine in a bowl with a dollop of mayonnaise
- Now you’re ready to put together the ultimate Banh Mi
- Slice open your sub roll and put a nice thick layer of your Granny Mary’s pate mixture on one side. Then top with your sliced cooked pork belly
- Then layer your carrots, Cucumber and pickled onions on top and drizzle with the siracha sauce. Finish off with some fresh coriander.
- Now for the most important step. Sit down, relax and enjoy your lunch, you’ve worked hard today and you deserve a tasty treat.
- Now that you have enjoyed your lunch the big question is what are you going to have for dessert?? Speak to your retailer for some tasty options.
Monday-Friday: 9am - 5pm
89-91, Circular Rd, Storforth Lane Trading Estate, Hasland, Chesterfield S41 0SN